Window Film Rebates
Power companies have realized it’s more cost-effective to assist a building owner in reducing their overall consumption than it is to build a new infrastructure keep up with increased demand.
Window films may qualify for a prescriptive or custom rebate. Prescriptive rebates for window film is based on a fixed price per square foot of window film that is being installed and that percentage is issued back to the building owner. Rebate amounts range from $.45 / Sq Ft – $2.00 / Sq Ft. States where you can find prescriptive rebates for window film include New York, New Jersey, Ohio, North Carolina, and California.
How to Obtain a Window Film Rebate:
- Onsite audit to inspect and measure entire glass envelope.
- Submit building and EFILM data to the local power company.
- Utility company verifies and determines the rebate amount.
- Building owner issues GlassEnergy a purchase order to proceed with the installation.
- GlassEnergy installs window film as proposed.
- The power company will perform a post site work inspection.
- Building owner receives a rebate check from their utility company.
**Contact a GlassEnergy representative today for a no risk no obligation assessment to learn more about rebates in your area!
3M Window Film – EFILM
Custom rebates are evaluated based on the simulated values window film products will save the building after installation. To determine the specific effect a window film will have on a structure, 3M uses a program called EFILM.
This program is based on the Department of Energy’s Energy Plus platform. EFILM will model the before and after effect that a window film product will have on a building as well as the savings. The report is submitted to the utility company to validate the performance results and issue a rebate amount.