Sun Control Window Film – Daylight Redirecting
Redirect up to 80% of the sun’s visible light onto the ceiling and achieve up to 52% lighting energy savings compared to baseline usage.
3M™ Daylight Redirecting Film is a simple, effective daylighting solution which comfortably brings natural light deeper into buildings.
Buildings with abundant natural light have been shown to:
- Increase employee productivity
- Boost retail sales
- Improve student test scores
- Decrease rates of absenteeism
- Improve patient recovery times
- Reduce energy cost
3M™ Daylight Redirecting Film installed in Clerestory Glass — Sacramento, CA
Naturally brighten your day.
3M™ Daylight Redirecting Film is designed to move excess light close to the window and redirect it deeper into the building to increase the daylighting penetration. Bringing natural light deeper into the building helps provide the many benefits of natural light for more occupants as well as helping reduce the need for artificial lighting which can save energy.
In addition, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film:
- Reduces glare and discomfort caused by direct sunlight on occupants
- Redirects natural light as much as 40 ft. or more into the building
- Extends daylight zone up to 8 ft. into the interior for every 1 ft. of treated window
- Can provide up to 52% lighting energy savings compared to baseline usage
- Can provide savings of up to 1.5 kwh/sq.ft. of floor area
Simple, effective, daylighting solution.
Compared to existing light reflecting strategies, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film is easily integrated into new or existing windows. It requires no extra hardware or infrastructure, and little to no additional maintenance or special cleaning. It works at all times of the day, even when the sun is at a low angle. Plus, it’s more cost effective than many existing daylighting solutions.
HOW IT WORKS