Careers at GlassEnergy
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER; ENERGY SOLUTIONS
GlassEnergy is the Northeast’s leading 3M Solar Rejection & Security Window Film dealer. We offer intelligent sustainable solutions based on innovative products and tailor-made services for both residential and commercial buildings. We create opportunities for success through trusted and reliable partnerships with local area Power Companies, Government Agencies, Architects & Engineers, Interior Designers, Property Managers and building owners. As a reliable partner, GlassEnergy helps its customers in all industries be more environmentally conscience by reducing their solar load & total building energy output. With its high-value products and intelligent solutions, GlassEnergy & 3M play an important role in conducting on site solar energy audits to determine savings by prescribing energy efficient window films. More information on GlassEnergy is available on the Internet at www.glassenergy.com.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for promoting solutions for the demands of the Clean Energy industry. We look to the BDM to Develop strong relationships with key decision makers among Government Agencies, Environmental Engineers, Architects, Property Managers and Building Owners to name a few. Key activities include strategy development, new business development, marketing and communications. The Energy Solutions Market Manager will eventually be responsible for establishing a direct report organization of up to five Market Development Representatives to assist in the prior activities.
There are currently 2 territories available.
- NY & NJ; Orange, Rockland & Bergen Counties
- NY & CT; Westchester & Fairfield Counties
- Cultivate new business daily across multi-sectors with company provided lead database using Salesforce.com
- Interpret business trends and analyses; attend trade shows as well as local chapter meetings for the U.S Green Building Council and other industry related events
- Establish a network across 3M’s business units in order to market existing products and technologies as well as to secure necessary resources for continuous industry education
- Meet with key decision makers, present products & services through webinars or in person presentations, Execute and close sales
- Conduct on site energy survey‘s and obtain window & building infrastructure information for detailed energy audit
- Develop GlassEnergy’s reputation as a supplier and innovation partner in the clean energy & Security Film market
- Accumulate industry knowledge, insights and contacts
- Establish relationships with: (1) key industry players; (2) industry experts and consultants, as needed; (3) clean energy regulatory bodies and downstream value chain stakeholders (e.g. utility companies) (4) market groups and their committees, and (5) university innovation partners
- Fill identified market project opportunities with solutions offering GlassEnergy as the best possible return on investment by showing proof of technology and providing E-film simulation analysis
- Keep and maintain leads and contacts company database
- Direct team members to ensure objectives and key milestones are met
- Demonstrate flexibility and courage in managing numerous shifting business objectives
- Create and foster a safe, positive, high performance team work environment
These positions will be located in Rockland & Westchester County areas with the ability to work from home. GlassEnergy currently serves the tri-state area up to including Maine with focus on growing the market from Maine to Florida.
- A Bachelor’s degree is the minimum education required. This can be a technical or business degree with a concentration in Marketing or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in product management, marketing, sales and business management with the demonstrated ability to do all of the following:
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop a business team
- Drive and support change management opportunities
- Succeed in an entrepreneurial endeavor
- Communicate, interact with and influence effectively at all levels of personnel and management
- Analyze markets, select target products and prepare business strategies
- Clean Energy market experience and contacts
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent organizational and people skills
- Flexibility to local travel, as needed
- Strong financial and analytical skills to support business bid proposals and pricing
- Excellent problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability in developing and implementing creative solutions to complex problems
Email or Fax Resume with salary requirements to: